Course Schedule and Registration
Midwest Training was established in 2005 and has worked closely with contractors, property owners, power companies, and building managers in dealing with safety and environmental issues. Midwest Training joined the ATC Group Services family in 2017, expanding services and footprint to cover Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Oklahoma, and Colorado.
David Johnson, Training Director of Midwest Training has over 30 years of experience and is considered one of the most qualified trainers in the Midwest. Dave is certified in Asbestos, Lead, Mold, and Hazwoper training with a degree as a Construction Safety Specialist through Department of Labor Red Rocks OSHA Training Center. Dave has real world experience in inspections, remediation, OSHA audits and litigation, Emergency Response and Safety oversite on multi-million dollar hazardous waste site operations.
Phillip Johnson, Principal Instructor of Midwest Training began as a field worker in the industry and now has over a decade of experience as a safety and environmental trainer. Phil has real world experience in inspections, remediation, and safety oversite on large abatement and hazardous waste site operations and brings his passion for safety and training excellence into every class. Phil is certified in Asbestos, Lead, Mold, and Hazwoper and is currently finishing his course work as a Construction Safety Specialist.
Midwest Training also has four more talented instructors all boasting decades of experience in safety and environmental issues. Todd Brummer, Tony Colby, Luiz Gonzales and Tim Jacobsen, all bring experience and expertice to their teaching styles including one of the only approved Spanish worker class in the Midwest.
We can bring the training to you! Minimum number of students is required for travel and instructor travel, lodging and meals will apply. Call us for costs involving training at your facility, or fill out this form and we’ll give you a call to work out the details.
- Cancellation Policy: If you choose to cancel your registration, ATC must be notified no less than 5 BUSINESS days (Saturday, Sunday and holidays do not count) prior to the course start date in order to receive a refund of payment. A substitute registrant is welcome at no additional cost. You will be charged for all students registered unless 5 days advance notice is provided. Refunds will not be given for “no shows”. In the event that ATC cancels the course, your registration will be refunded in full. If you attend only a portion of a course, tuition will be pro-rated to the percentage of program completed.
- Students are provided with all course materials in class. Please wear clothing that is comfortable and appropriate for sitting in a classroom and performing requirements for the hands-on portion of the class. All courses are provided in the English language.
- The course start time for classes is 8:00 a.m. with most classes ending at approximately 4:00 p.m. unless designated otherwise. Please verify with
the training registrar at time of registration. Please arrive 15 min. prior to class start time.
- Per state and federal regulations, ATC must verify that all students’ certifications are current and that they are eligible to take a Refresher course. You may be required to provide proof of training prior to the course start date if you are not in our database or have gaps in your training history. You will not be allowed to attend class if records are not provided. Some of the consultant level courses have education and experience requirements. It is the registrant’s responsibility to verify that they are eligible to meet these requirements for the state in which they are applying for a license.
- All courses are subject to a minimum class size and may be changed or cancelled without notice. If enrollment minimum is not met, you will be notified of the course cancellation or change and may transfer to the next available class.
- Copies of Certificates of Completion will only be released to the student that attended the class. Applicable fees will be charged. The fee is $15 for a copy and $30 for an original.